To send and receive a fax
Any device with outlook
Fax Over IP Service (FOIP)
sending a fax:
It is not necessary to enter a subject, v card, or signature but you can if you like. Next, attach the document that you want to send. FOIP supports all MS Office document formats and other common formats. Once you are finished with the attachments click on “Send”. You will get a notification email indicating that the document is being processed. When the recipient has successfully received the fax you will receive a second confirmation email.
- Using Outlook (web or local client)
- Click on New Email.
- In the To field, enter the 10 digit telephone number of the recipient followed by @fax.rose-hulman.edu.
receiving a fax:
You do not have to be at your desk. Fax calls that go to voice mail are routed to the fax service.
Note: Sending and receiving faxes to numbers within the Rose-Hulman number range (812-877-8xxx, 812-872-6xxx, 812-244-4xxx) is not supported.
- Instruct the sender to dial your personal Rose-Hulman number.
- Your phone will ring.
- When you answer you will hear a beep.
- The call will re-route to the fax service.
If this information does not help resolve your issue and/or you need assistance from EIT, please submit an online service request at: https://rose-hulman.microsoftcrmportals.com/SignIn?ReturnUrl=/mycases/create-case/