PURPOSE:To install Solidworks 2020
APPLIES TO:Rose-Hulman Institute issued machines, Windows, Off-campus
prerequisites:Uninstall any previous versions of Solidworks and make sure there is enough room in your drive to install a 20 GB program
VALIDATION:Only on Windows
Installing Solidworks 2020Installing SolidWorks is simple! Make sure you follow the below instructions exactly to obtain the program on your device. BE PATIENT! THIS IS A LARGE FILE AND WILL TAKE TIME FOR FILES TO OPEN.
- SolidWorks is approximately 20GB in size. You will need at least 30GB of space available (after uninstalling an old version of SolidWorks if necessary) to successfully install the 2020 version of SolidWorks.
- Uninstall any version of SolidWorks you have currently installed. You can do this by opening your Start menu and typing "uninstall" in the search/Cortana bar, and selecting Uninstall a Program.
- You will be taken to an alphabetical list of programs. Find and click on SolidWorks once to select it, then click on Uninstall in the menu at the top of the list.
- When the Uninstall box appears, click on Change, then check the boxes labeled Registry Entries and Data Records. Then click on Back to Summary and then Remove. Don't worry, your project files will be saved.
- If asked if you would like to deactivate your license, select NO. Then select YES to continue the installation.
- The uninstall process will begin. If you are asked to stop installation and restart your computer first, do so. Then start over at step 4
- When the uninstall is finished, close the window.
- Open File Explorer and Navigate to \\rose-hulman.edu\dfs\Software\Course Software\SOLIDWORKS 2020 SP3.0 If prompted log in with your Rose-Hulman credentials.
- Double click install.bat and select Yes.
- Authenticate with your localmgr account to install the application. You may also be asked to provide you RHIT network account for access to DFS.
- The installer will start. This will show as a black window that needs to stay open. Depending on network speed it make take up to 5 minutes before the install window shows.
- The application install will take a long time to complete. In testing it took approximately 5 hours
- Selecting Activate now using the internet
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- Click Accept
related articles:How do I Activate Solidworks?
If this information does not help resolve your issue and/or you need assistance from EIT, please submit an online service request at: https://rose-hulman.microsoftcrmportals.com/SignIn?ReturnUrl=/mycases/create-case/