To install Solidworks 2021
Rose-Hulman Institute issued machines, Windows, Off-campus
Uninstall any previous versions of Solidworks and make sure there is enough room in your drive to install a 20 GB program
Only on Windows
Installing Solidworks 2021
Installing SolidWorks is simple! Make sure you follow the below instructions exactly to obtain the program on your device. BE PATIENT! THIS IS A LARGE FILE AND WILL TAKE TIME FOR FILES TO OPEN.
- SolidWorks is approximately 20GB in size. You will need at least 30GB of space available (after uninstalling an old version of SolidWorks if necessary) to successfully install the 2021 version of SolidWorks.
- Uninstall any version of SolidWorks you have currently installed as well as any reference to Microsoft SQL 2014. You can do this by opening your Start menu and typing "uninstall" in the search/Cortana bar, and selecting Uninstall a Program.
- You will be taken to an alphabetical list of programs. Find and click on SolidWorks once to select it, then click on Uninstall in the menu at the top of the list.
- When the Uninstall box appears, click on Change, then check the boxes labeled Registry Entries and Data Records. Then click on Back to Summary and then Remove. Don't worry, your project files will be saved.
- If asked if you would like to deactivate your license, select NO. Then select YES to continue the installation.
- The uninstall process will begin. If you are asked to stop installation and restart your computer first, do so. Then start over at step 4
- When the uninstall is finished, close the window.
- There are 3 references to "Microsoft SQL 2014" also listed, that need to be uninstalled. When prompted select Remove.
- Open File Explorer and Navigate to \\rose-hulman.edu\dfs\Software\Course Software\SOLIDWORKS 2021 SP3.0 If prompted log in with your Rose-Hulman credentials.
- Right Click Install.bat and select Run as Administrator. If this does not work, do not run as administrator and continue the process.
- Authenticate with your localmgr account to install the applications (You will be prompted multiple times). You may also be asked to provide you RHIT network account for access to DFS. IMPORTANT: If the network credentials request a PIN, do not attempt to use your computer pin. Instead, click more options, add an account, and type in your full Rose-Hulman email address and password.
- Click on Install SolidWorks Products Now and select Run
- The installer will start. Depending on network speed it make take up to 5 minutes before the install window shows.
- The application install will take a long time to complete. In testing it took approximately 5 hours
When the installation is finished, the black box will disappear. Open SolidWorks 2021 from your desktop. You will need to activate it. You do this by:
- Selecting Activate now using the internet
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- Click Accept
If this information does not help resolve your issue and/or you need assistance from EIT, please submit an online service request at: https://rose-hulman.microsoftcrmportals.com/SignIn?ReturnUrl=/mycases/create-case/