Project is included in Microsoft Office 365. See below for instructions on how to install this new version.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you restart your computer and are logged in to your localmgr account, not your user account!
- Uninstall all existing Office products on your machine (anything with the orange rectangle logo that appears in the list of installed programs in Control Panel).
You can do this by pulling up your Start menu and typing "uninstall" into the Search/Cortana box, and selecting "uninstall a program". This will take you to the list of programs, which will be listed in alphabetical order. Click once on a Microsoft program to highlight it, then click on Uninstall from the menu at the top of the program list. Repeat this for all Office products.
- Once you have uninstalled all Office products, you may exit the Control Panel window (click the X in the upper right corner).
- Open DFS and use the following path: Software > Apps > Microsoft Office > O365 ProPlus X64 > Install Office
- Follow the prompts to begin the installation
- Once installation is finished, you may click Close and begin using Office. You will now have both Visio and Project, as well as all other Microsoft Apps available to you.
If you have any trouble with these instructions or the process itself, feel free to contact the EIT Service Desk at x8989, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting us in the lower level of Crapo Hall.