To fix the Solid Works license expiration error, please do the following:
- Close Solid Works.
- Click the Search Windows button , type C:\ProgramData\Flexnet in the search bar, then press Enter.
- A window should open listing the files in the Flexnet folder.
- Delete ONLY the files that begin with SW.
- At the address bar at the top of the page, click on Program Data.
- Right click on the Flex Net folder and click Rename. Rename the folder flexnet.old. Then click Enter.
- Restart Solid Works and go through the activation process. Directions for the activation process can be found at: https://rose-hulman.microsoftcrmportals.com/knowledgebase/article/KA-01159/en-us.
- If the error message still persists, restart the computer and follow steps 1-7 again or visit the Service Desk. The Service Desk is located in the lower level of Crapo Hall and open Monday – Friday from 8 am – 5 pm.