If your laptop, smart phone or tablet is showing that it is connecting to the internet, but there is no connection when a web browser is opened, you may need to register your device.
1. To check on your registration, locate your MAC address. If you need assistance locating your MAC address, please see one of the following articles:
- How do I find my MAC address on my computer?
- How do I locate my MAC address (Wi-Fi address) on an Apple Computer?
3. Click on the Manage Devices tab to view your registered devices. If the MAC address for your device is not listed among your device registrations, your device will need to be registered before it can connect to the internet. See the following article for the steps on registering your device.
4. After registering your device, it should be ready to connect to the internet, but if you still have problems, visit the EIT Service Desk for assistance.