To change your computer login password
Rose-Hulman Institute issued machines
Should they have done anything before looking at this article? Is there another article to check first?
Changing the Computer Login Password
To change your Windows (computer) password(s):
- Log in to your device using your current username and password.
- If your machine has been re-imaged at the Service Desk, Service Desk personnel will provide you with the default password.
- Once Windows loads, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then click Change a password.
- If changing the .\localmgr password, replace the contents of the first text box (which should default to <computer name>\<username>) with .\localmgr. Otherwise, skip this step.
- In the "Old Password" field, enter your current password.
- In the "New Password" field, enter your new password.
- Retype your password in the next field, then press Enter.
Note: This only applies if you have an HP or Dell laptop. Lenovo laptops will use the Microsoft account password, which can be changed here.
If this information does not help resolve your issue and/or you need assistance from EIT, please submit an online service request at: https://rose-hulman.microsoftcrmportals.com/SignIn?ReturnUrl=/mycases/create-case/