All students, faculty and staff of Rose-Hulman are able to install up to five copies of Microsoft Office 365 on their personal devices. Note: These instructions are for downloading and installing Microsoft Office 365 on your personal computers and mobile devices, not your Institute provided laptop or desktop computer. Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology includes these Office applications on your Institute computer as part of the standard software image. To install Microsoft Office 365 on a personal device, please do the following:
- Click on this link to be taken to the Microsoft website: http://portal.office.com.
- Type in your email address. Then click Next.
- You will be redirected to a Rose-Hulman sign in page. Sign in to Office 365 using your full Rose-Hulman email address and network password.
- After you have signed in, click on Install Office Apps at the top of the page, then click on Office 365.
- The installer will download. Click on the downloaded file. Then click Run.
- You may be prompted to input an administrator username and password. Type in .\localmgr for the username and your localmgr/admin password for the password.
- Microsoft Office 365 will begin installing.
- After it has finished installing, you will receive a message that it is now installed on your computer.
For additional help or questions, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.