PURPOSE:To set up Rights Management in Outlook.
APPLIES TO:Rose-Hulman Institute issued machines, Windows
prerequisites:Log into Outlook
Setting up Rights Management
HOW TO SET UP RIGHTS MANAGEMENT IN OUTLOOK:With Rights Management you will be able to send encrypted and/or signed emails. Adding Rights management will allow you to manage who reads and makes changes to your emails. In order to use Rights Management with Office software such as Word, Power Point and Excel, it must first be configured in Outlook. If you have already set up Rights Management in Outlook, you can skip to the bottom of the page to learn how to set up Rights Management for the rest of Office. To set up Rights Management in Outlook, please do the following:
- Click the File tab in the Outlook ribbon.
- Click Options from the menu on the left of the window
- In the Outlook Options Window click Trust Center from the menu on the left.
- In the Outlook Options window click the Trust Center Settings… button on the right hand side.
- In the Trust Center window click Email Security from the menu on the far left side of the window.
- In the Encrypted Email group click the Settings… button
- In the Change Security Settings Window click on the OK button to accept the defaults.
- In the Trust Center window click the Publish to GAL… button in the center of the window. Note: If you do not see the Publish to GAL… button please contact the EIT Service Desk for assistance.
- Click OK in the dialog box.
- Click OK on all open windows until you are back to the main Outlook window then you are ready to send and receive email.
How to Send Email with Rights Management and/or Encryption
- Start a new email and click the Options tab.
- Click on the Dropdown Arrow under Permissions. If this is the first time you are using Rights Management, then you will need to connect to the server. Click Connect to Rights Management Servers and get templates.
- Enter your Rose-Hulman network credentials to connect to the server. Note: You will only have to do this once. Note: If, after you enter your credentials, you receive an error message, please contact the EIT Service Desk for assistance.
- After entering your credentials and connecting to the server in step 3 you will see a dropdown menu with the list of templates that you may use on your email.
- Do Not Forward – Prevents the recipients from being able to forward the email.
- Do Not Reply All – Prevents the recipient from using the Reply All function.
- Expire in 3 Days – the email will no longer be readable after 3 days.
- Read Only – Only allows the recipient to read the email, this prevents saving, printing, and forwarding.
- Rose-Hulman Confidential – The email will only be viewable by Rose-Hulman faculty and staff.
- Once you have chosen your template, you can encrypt and/or sign the email by selecting the options next to the Permissions button.