PURPOSE:To help users change their default printer in Windows 10
APPLIES TO:Windows 10
Changing your Default Printer in Windows 10When Windows 10 is first installed on your computer, you will need to add printers. To add printers, please visit this Knowledge Base Article entitled, How do I connect to a network printer? Once printers are added, you can choose the printer you would like to set as your default.
To change the default printer:
- Right click on the Start Button and click Control Panel.
- Under the Hardware and Sound category, click View devices and printers.
- A list of printers will be displayed. Right click on the printer you would like to set as the default printer.
- Click Set as default printer.
- Under the printer you have just selected as the default printer, there will be a green check mark.
- Print a test page to the new default printer to make sure it has been set properly.
related articles:(KA-01269) Connecting to Printers
(KA-01255) How do I connect to a network printer?
(KA-01030) How do I remove a printer from my computer?
If this information does not help resolve your issue and/or you need assistance from EIT, please submit an online service request at: https://rose-hulman.microsoftcrmportals.com/SignIn?ReturnUrl=/mycases/create-case/