To access the Distributed File System from off campus, use the Junos Pulse Secure VPN application. The Secure Sockets Layer Virtual Private Network (SSLVPN) web portal is also an option for simple file operations, like uploading, downloading, deleting or reading files.
To install the Junos Pulse Secure application for first time users:
Note: These instructions are for off campus users installing Junos Pulse Secure. On campus users can open DFS through file explorer and begin at Step 4.
- Launch a web browser and open the SSLVPN login web page.
- Enter your Rose-Hulman user name and password, and then click Login.
- Click DFS.
- Click Software.
- Click Apps.
- Click Pulse Secure.
- Click on JunosPulse.x64.msi.
- The install file will download. Open the downloaded file and click Run.
- Click Next and Install to install Junos Pulse Secure. When the installation has completed, click Finish.
- Once Junos Pulse Secure is running on your computer, you can use Windows Explorer to access DFS just as if you were on campus.
These directions are to install Junos Pulse Secure for first-time users. After Junos Pulse Secure is installed, you can launch the Junos Pulse Secure application from your computer and log in with your Rose-Hulman credentials.
To connect to Junos Pulse Secure VPN for the first time:
- For Windows 7: Click the Start Button . Type Pulse Secure. Click the Enter key and open Pulse Secure. For Windows 10: In the Search the web and Windows box, type Pulse Secure. Click the Enter key and open Pulse Secure.
- Once Pulse Secure is open, Click the Plus Sign to add a new connection.
- For Type, Choose Policy Secure (UAC) or Connect Secure (VPN).
- For Name, Type Rose-Hulman VPN.
- For Server URL, Type sslvpn.rose-hulman.edu.
- Click Connect.
- You will be prompted to select a Realm. Click Users. Then Click Connect. To reconnect to the VPN without having to follow these steps again, click the Save Settings box.
- Input your Rose Hulman User Name and Password. Then Click Connect. Click the Save Settings box again to reconnect to the VPN without following these steps.
- You are now connected to the Rose-Hulman VPN through Junos Pulse Secure.
- After this first connection is set-up, you can return to Junos Pulse Secure and Click Connect to re-connect to this VPN connection without having to create a new connection every time you use the VPN.