Secure FX is installed by default on laptops and desktops imaged by EIT.
After the connection is made, you will have two sets of files showing on your screen--one will be the files on your own machine that you can move onto the server. The other window will contain the files in your home space on the DFS server.
You can drag files from My Computer or Windows Explorer into SecureFX to upload them to DFS. You can also drag files out of the list of files on the server into either the local files shown in SecureFX, or into a Windows Explorer window.
- Open Secure FX
- If you see an entry for dfs.rose-hulman.edu select it and hit the Connect button.
- Enter your Network Password in the box when prompted and hit the Ok button.
- If you do not see an entry for dfs.rose-hulman.edu do the following:
- Click the Quick Connect Button at the top of the Connect Box.
- In the box that comes up change the protocol to SFTP.
- Next change the Hostname or IP field to dfs.rose-hulman.edu.
- Check to make sure that the Port field is set to 22.
- In the Username field enter in your Network username.
- Check the Save Session box.
- Hit Ok.
- When prompted enter your Network password and Hit Ok.