Microsoft Visio 2016 is now available to all faculty, staff and students. This new software program is now available on Software Center for all campus. To access Software Center and install Visio, please do the following:
- In Windows 7, Click the Start Button and type Software Center. In Windows 10, click on the Search Windows Button and type Software Center. (If you are not able to locate it with a Search, click on the Windows Button. Then scroll to Microsoft System Center in All Apps.)
- Select Software Center.
- Software Center will open.
- Click on Microsoft Visio Professional 2016. Then click Install.
- Visio will begin installing.
- When it is finished installing, there will be a dialogue window with a close button. Click Close.
- Open Visio from the Start Menu. You may be prompted to activate the software.
- If prompted to activate, use the default settings. Then click Next. The software will be activated.
If you are a faculty or staff member and unable to install Visio from Software Center, Visio can be installed from DFS. Visio software is located at: \\rose-hulman.edu\dfs\Software\Apps\Visio Pro 2016
. After accessing the folders, software can be installed by clicking on the setup.exe
files and running the installation.
If you are a student and unable to install Visio from Software Center, please visit the Service Desk located in the lower level of Crapo Hall. The Service Desk is open Monday – Friday from 8 am – 5 pm.
Author: Jessica Stebing