The snipping tool in Windows 10 allows users to take full or partial screen shots. Once the screen shots have been taken, the pen and highlighter tools can be used to write on or highlight the image. To use the snipping tool, please do the following:
- In the Search the web and Windows box, type Snipping Tool. Then click Enter.
- The Snipping Tool window will open. You will have the option of using a free-form snip, rectangular snip, window snip or full-screen snip to take a full or partial screen shot.
- Free-form snip allows you to draw a line around the area that you would like to take a screen shot of.
- Rectangular snip allows you to draw a small or large rectangle for a screen shot.
- Window snip allows you to take a screen shot of your current open window.
- Full-screen shot takes a screen shot of your full open screen.
- Once the screen shot is taken, a snipping tool window will open. You can use the pen or highlighter tool to draw on or highlight images in the screen shot.
- To save the image, click File. Then click Save As. Select a location, name and file type. Then click Save.
Once saved, the snip is added to your clipboard and may be pasted by using the CTRL+V function.
Author: Ashlee Sappingfield