Mozilla Firefox is a web browser that is not part of the standard Rose-Hulman image. However, it tends to be more compatible with websites that rely on Java. If you are using a website that relies on Java it may be helpful to install Firefox. To perform the installation, please do the following:
- Open a web browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Edge
- Type https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?scene=2 into the search bar. Then click Enter.
- The download for Firefox should begin automatically. If it does not, click Click Here on the website.
- Click on the downloaded file. A window will open asking you if you want to run this file. Click Run.
- You may be prompted to provide administrator credentials. Type in your local manager (.\localmgr) username and password.
- The Firefox Setup window will open. Click Install.
- Firefox will install and launch.
Author: Jessica Stebing